Take charge of your Asthma!
• It’s your body and your life. Early diagnosis and Asthma treatment is crucial so, be proactive!
• Join the other 28,000 “Breathe Well Live Well” blog subscribers by clicking here to stay informed with featured articles and Asthma and COPD news!
• Remember that knowledge is power!
• Find and establish a solid working relationship with an Asthma specialist.
Click here for a directory of specialists near you
• If you smoke, QUIT! Avoid second hand smoke.
• Take your meds! Medication can control Asthma.
• Avoiding asthma triggers can also reduce the severity of Asthma.
• Monitor your peak flow! If you need help with this click here.
• Food does matter. Eat your fruit and vegetables and watch what you eat!
• Establish and stick to an exercise plan (even if it’s a short walk around your home or yard)
• Talk to your healtcare provider about immunizations for flu and pneumonia
• Avoid people that have colds or the flu, wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your eyes and nose
• Remain hopeful, we’re in this together!
Key Take Aways:
• Appropriate management of Asthma can enable people to enjoy a good quality of life!