Exercise Induced Asthma Prevention Tips – Courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
According to the The U.S. National Library of Medicine exercise can worsen or even trigger symptoms of asthma. Tips on how to help prevent exercise-induced asthma:
* Wear a scarf across your mouth and breathe through your nose when exercising outside in cold, dry air.
* Avoid exercising when air pollution is high.
* Avoid exercising near lawns that have just been mowed.
* Always warm up at the beginning of your workout and cool down at the end.
* Try sports that may not aggravate asthma as much as others, such as swimming or baseball.
* Avoid sports that involve constant movement, such as basketball, running or soccer.