Research and Markets: Asthma: Modern Therapeutic Targets
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “Asthma: Modern Therapeutic Targets” book to their offering.
The care of an increasing number of adult and child patients with asthma has become a major task for clinicians, and a growing concern for public health physicians and health care administrators. At the same time, and in response to this situation, a considerable effort is being made in basic and clinical research to develop new treatments. This book looks into the future and assesses the possibilities of a number of new therapies for asthma under exploration and development. A group of distinguished international authors examine the potential of new agents working on various targets that are currently under evaluation, including autocoids and their inhibitors, enzyme-inhibitors, sensory nerves and sensory neuropeptides, and receptors in immunology Asthma: Modern Therapeutic Targets provides physicians with an appreciation of the future directions of treatment. It provides clinical pharmacologists and researchers with an up-to-date insight into advances in this exciting field. This book will also be a valuable tool for researchers in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Presents a comprehensive review of current treatment options
* Latest guidelines on clinical management reviewed from an international perspective
* Provides background on pharmacology and mechanisms of drug action
* Provides a key resource for individual patient care
* Specialists in respiratory medicine, allergy and immunology
* General physicians
* Clinical pharmacologists
* Doctors in training
Key Topics Covered:
Section I: Autocoids and their receptors in airway diseases
* Adenosine receptors: novel molecular targets in asthma
* The role of transforming growth factors in asthma and their potential as a target for therapy
* The role of transcription factors in asthma: can we modify them for therapeutic purposes?
* Is IKK a feasible therapeutic target for allergic asthma?
Section II: Enzyme inhibitors
* Protease-activated receptors: targets for therapeutic intervention in asthma
* Nitric oxide synthase as a therapeutic target in asthma
* Metalloproteinases and asthma: untried potential for new therapeutic strategies
Section III: Sensory nerves and sensory neuropeptides
* Sensory neuropeptides as innovative targets in asthma
* Rationale for vanilloid receptor 1 antagonist-based therapies in asthma
Section IV: Receptors in immunology
* Anticytokines and cytokines as asthma therapy
* Tumour necrosis factor alpha and asthma
* Are chemokines viable targets for asthma?
* Antagonism of the chemokine receptor CCR3 as a potential therapeutic treatment for asthma
* R Polosa, Presidio Ospedaliero Ascoli-Tomaselli, Catania, Italy
* ST Holgate, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a7c5bf/asthma_modern_the
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716